Let me introduce you to our dog, Honey...
![]() |
| I must say, it feels very weird to call her a 'dog' |
She's my angel and has given more to me than I could ever imagine. I truly believe she has the soul of a human being. If you've read a little of my background, you'll kind of get an idea of why she's so special for me. In a nutshell, she's literally kept me going during tough times and so her displays of intelligence, and hilarious goings-on are quite entertaining in times of need.
I believe all animals are beautiful, inside and out. They mean no harm, have an inability to harbor menace or manipulation. They have no idea what it is to be cruel or unkind, they just give. I think it's impossible to feel anything but a special connection with your own dog and also their breed forever. Even my husband who grew up with a greyhound as a child, still feels a bittersweet tug at the heart strings as he remembers his 'Bus' if we pass another by on the street.
This post is inspired by one I read on the Northern Belle Diaries Blog recently. In it, Lisette talked about her two pooches - Daisy and Chip. (Little adorable fur babies - I tell you!) On it, she made me laugh about their escapades and the love showered upon them by their two pet parents. Quite humorously, they also share the luxury of a reserved spot on their owner's bed, an infrequent butt wipe and high tech 'intelligent' toys, just like my Honey. It was a really sweet blog post and definitely one for a giggle if you totally relate.
Honey was crazy as a puppy. I shudder to remember her sharp little teeth mouthing my knuckles and the endless accident clean-ups. However, I also cherish the memories of a pint size pup proceeding to chase away a flock of geese at the park, only for them to hiss and chase us right back. She also managed to bite a football sized hole in the wall, knock over a huge glass mirror propped up on the mantelpiece and shred a couch to pieces. Oh fun!
![]() |
| Turkey slices (yes, from the deli counter) at the beach |
All grown up at 9, she's here at home every day to provide me with, a hard, much needed laugh. Her favorite activity of late is to wake my husband and I up. We regularly open our eyes to see her staring down at either of us. I watch her doing this to my husband sometimes and she stares so intently, I'm sure she's convinced her gaze can pierce through his eyelids to get him to wake up and take her for a walk. If my husband and I are in different rooms of the house, she also tends to sit in between us and whimper until were together again. She also loves to slide in between us if were having a hug. I know others have their dog do that too...(Hm?)
Do your pets sit on the arm of the couch, just like a human, with back legs dangling? Honey does. Does your dog go and fetch their own towel for a 'dry-ies' when they come in from out of the rain too? I know for sure you'll be familiar with the indecisive activity of 'inside, outside, inside, outside... No inside... No actually I think I want to come inside again' Joy, I know! This behavior for us, is usally followed by us being ushered towards 'her' kitchen cupboard for a treat.
This behavior is all my fault, I know, you don't have to even mention it, but that's just the way it runs in our household and I know I'm not alone.
She sends her hello's as I'm sure she's on the cusp of speaking human any day now! I hope you enjoyed reading about her and I'd LOVE to hear your tales of pet hilarity below!
Take care of each other!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment!